Episcopalism was disestablished in 1689. In 1721 Episcopal rector William Swan set up an Episcopal meeting house in Mid Street, which became the site of the St Peter’s Episcopal Church.
In 1746 the first St Peter’s was burned to the ground on the orders of William, Duke of Cumberland.
Penal laws were passed and vigorous enforced prohibiting Episcopalians from worship or assembling in greater numbers than 4. The law was to the effect that any clergyman found conducting illegal services got for a first offence six months, and for the second transportation for life.
Rector Wiliam Walker house at Middleburgh was partitioned into a number of small compartments, so the occupants of different small rooms could distinctly hear him.
In 1788 Alexander Jolly was appointed Rector and he also became Bishop of Moray in 1796, by this time St Peter’s in Mid Street had been rebuilt.
During Mr Pressley’s time as Rector an organ was purchased to assist in the service of praise in the church, and he was thus a pioneer of instrumental music in the Fraserburgh churches.
In 1890 it was resolved to build a new church, on a new site granted by Lord Saltoun, adjoining the rectory. It was also decided it that should be known as the “Bishop Jolly Memorial Church”. A building committee was formed and Mr John Kinross A.R.S.A was appointed to prepare the plans.
On 20th August 1891 Mr James Cardno, Senior Church Warden presented a silver trowel to Lord Saltoun and requested him to proceed with the laying of the foundation stone, The stone bears the following inscription “To the Glory of God and in memory of his faithful servant Alexander Jolly – August 20th 1891.
The cost of building the Nave, Chancel and Vestry was £4,000 and the church could seat about 400 to 500. The organ was rebuilt and doubled in size by Wadsworths of Manchester. However, at this time not enough money was available for the building of the tower.
The Church was consecrated by the Bishop on 31st August 1892. The old church in Mid Street was sold to the newly formed West United Free Church (later St Andrew’s Church) for £1,200.
Finally in December 1909 the Tower was built at a cost of £1,500 and was dedicated by the Bishop, also that day the new rector Mr F W S le Lievre was inducted. The Bishop also dedicated the Chancel Screen, which was presented by Mr James Blackhall, Union Bank. The Bishop’s Chair and Credence Table was presented by Sir George and Lady Mary